Jungheinrich EJE 112i
Innovative lithium-ion technology.
- Compact and manoeuvrable thanks to very short chassis length
- Simple and intuitive battery handling
- Low overall weight
- Rapid charging and boosting charges ensure high uptimes
The EJE 112i / 114i electric pedestrian pallet trucks combine the robustness and cost-effectiveness of the Jungheinrich EJE series with the advantages of lithium-ion technology. This makes them even more attractive for conventional applications and especially for use on HGVs.
The main advantage of this EJE series lies in the design of the battery and the considerably smaller battery compartment. This makes it possible to achieve a minimum front end dimension (l2) of just 425 mm and to cut the overall weight of the truck including battery down to only 315 kg (with a residual capacity of 1200 kg or 1400 kg). As a result, the truck is much easier to use in confined spaces and weight-sensitive areas, such as on the tailgate. This is made possible through the use of the very latest lithium-ion technology.
The EJE 112i facilitates simple, ergonomic and intuitive battery handling with its battery weighing just over 14 kg and shaped like a briefcase. Its design means the battery is easily removed laterally from the truck. The rapid charge and boosting charge features, which use a charger specially developed for this purpose, facilitate flexible usage even in multi-shift operation.
The EJE 114i is equipped with a battery permanently integrated into the truck. In conjunction with a built-in charger, the truck can be charged at any standard 230 V mains socket. The maintenance-free battery ensures maximum availability. Interaction between the individual battery cells is monitored by the integrated Jungheinrich battery management system, ensuring safe and reliable operation.
Both the EJE 112i and the EJE 114i are based on proven, long-life components in the Jungheinrich EJE series 116-120.
- Innovative Li-ion technology
- Simple and intuitive battery handling
- Ideal conditions for ergonomic working
- Small, compact truck
- Maintenance-free battery
- Proven truck technology
Innovative Li-ion technology
The EJE 112i / 114i combines the robustness and cost-effectiveness of the electric pedestrian pallet truck with the advantages of lithium-ion technology:
- Short, manoeuvrable truck
- Short charge times: For the first time, as standard, the battery can be charged faster than discharged
- Boost charging: The battery is able to receive a significant amount of capacity even in short breaks
- The Jungheinrich battery management system ensures optimum usage
- The EJE 112i has a handy, light battery case for fast, ergonomic battery exchange
Small, compact truck
With its extremely short front end length, the EJE 112i / 114i provide optimum operation in confined areas. This makes both EJE variants extremely compact and easy to control in confined areas:
- Length including forks (l2 dimension) only 425 mm
- Manoeuvring with the tiller upright at reduced speed
- Only 315 kg overall weight including battery
Simple and intuitive battery handling
The EJE with lithium-ion technology is available with two different charging concepts:
With the EJE 112i with the lateral battery exchange, the battery designed in the form of a case with integrated carrying handles can easily be changed:
- Drawer in the truck makes it easy to insert the battery
- Battery drawer opens at the touch of a button
- Light battery (weighs only about 14 kg) for convenient battery exchange
- Battery charge compartment built into the charger
With the EJE 114i, the battery is already a permanent part of the truck. The standard built-in charger enables the battery to be charged in a very short time at any standard 230 V socket. The boosting charge capacity of the lithium-ion battery means that every break can be used to recharge the battery. The need for battery replacement is thereby completely eliminated.
The lithium-ion battery is maintenance-free. Labour costs for the maintenance which would be required for lead-acid batteries are also eliminated, as well as the expense of extensive charging infrastructure (charging rooms, ventilation, etc.).
Ideal conditions for ergonomic working
The tiller head is optimally designed to the ergonomic needs of the operator:
- Clear system of colour coding and buttons with wear-resistant icons for intuitive operation
- Grip position ideally suited to the operator’s hand posture
- Crawl speed button underneath the tiller head for easy access and travelling with the tiller upright
- Non-contact sensor system with IP 65 protection, giving higher reliability
- Rocker switch for consistent operation in all tiller positions
Proven truck technology
AC Technology ensures a significant long-term reduction in operating costs:
- Maintenance-free AC technology drive motor with no carbon brushes
- One-piece front panel with just two screws for easy access to all parts
- Excellent protection against dust and humidity through IP 54 enclosure of controller and plugs
- ProTracLink ensures reduced castor wheel wear when approaching ramps at an angle. The two castor wheels are mechanically linked which keeps them both at the same height, giving the truck high stability