Jobs at South Island Forklifts
Forklift / Materials Handling Mechanic
Work for a progressive and forward thinking leader in the market.
Work for a progressive and forward-thinking leader in the market
- Field/ workshop roles – no two days will be the same
- Awesome culture – fun and positive with international training available
Due to strong continued growth, a promising opportunity within South Island Forklifts (South Island dealers for Jungheinrich, TCM and UniCarriers), has arisen for a Forklift/ Materials Handling Mechanic. In this role, you will play a key part in the on-going maintenance and repair of a wide range of material handling equipment and forklifts – petrol/ diesel/ LPG and battery electric units – plus some of the newest electrical work in the forklift market. Based in the workshop and out in the field, you will be working with top-of-the-line equipment that utilises some of the most modern technology and diagnostic systems available with industry safety standards that are second to none, plus enjoy a wealth of knowledge in their leadership teams. You will have the opportunity to continue to develop your technical skills and experience, meanwhile being rewarded with progression opportunities, growing pay packet and a positive culture (group fitness activities).
You’ll need to have the following:
- Proven experience maintaining material handling equipment, forklifts or light or heavy vehicles, preferably with a Trade Certificate or trade experience
- Clean Drivers Licence and F endorsements would be highly considered
- Desire to progress your career with flexibility to work on an on-call roster
- Excellent diagnostic skills, ability to utilise computer systems, and natural trouble-shooting ability with exposure to onboard or plug-in software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as you will be dealing with customers.
As an employer, South Island Forklifts has a strong market profile and stability, providing excellent long-term growth potential. This is the ideal time to step up and be considered for a well-known mover and shaker in the market.
To apply, or if you’d like to know more, such as location info, pay rates, work conditions and facilities, the gear you’ll be working on, or for info on other opportunities that we have throughout New Zealand, contact Steve, Mike or Stuart on 348 2060.
grtgtgretgygytfcv fehfde frefy
nt and forklifts – petrol/ diesel/ LPG and battery electric units – plus some of the newest electrical work in the forklift market. Based in the workshop and out in the field, you will be working with top-of-the-line equipment that utilises some of the most modern technology and diagnostic systems available with industry safety standa